Gather evidence on digital notecards that give you space to think.
- Direct Quotation: Store source material for future reference. Highlight and annotate to ensure close reading.
- Paraphrase / Summarize: Explain the source material in your own words. Check your understanding.
- My Ideas: Reflect and engage. Articulate ideas, assumptions and questions. What do I wonder? How does it fit with what I know? How should I follow up?
Graphically organize your notecards to make connections and mental leaps.
- Tag and pile. Sort, tag and color-code notecards to consider associations. Pile notecards in a stack to build commonalities.
- Outline. Drag and drop notecards into the outline to provide evidence for each claim.