A powerful, integrated platform for research & literacy
NoodleTools is your instructional partner for differentiated teaching of literacy skills, critical analysis, sound reasoning, and collaborative group research.
Integrated tools for note-taking, outlining, citation, document archiving/annotation, and collaborative research and writing.
- Teaches evaluation and analysis; not simply a "machine" that automates the process.
- Extensive help for each citation element at the point of need.
- Guides learner through difficult decisions about the source material.
- Fast, personal responses to individual citation questions.
- Generates parenthetical reference for each citation, with additional advanced help.
- Checks for mistakes in punctuation, abbreviations, and more.
Promotes ethical research
- Ease of use and expert advice gives students confidence to cite even the trickiest sources.
- Online notecards capture author's words, images, graphs, and original formatting.
- Software guides student through paraphrasing and prompts for original thinking.
- Built-in editor enables annotation of notes, improving comprehension, analysis and reflection.
- Notecards linked to citations to ensure proper attribution.
Assessment for learning
- Students share working bibliographies and notecards with teachers for feedback.
- While viewing a student's citation form, teacher can insert comments and ask questions.
- Statistical graphs analyze quantity, variety and currency of sources.
Convenient and up-to-date
- Web-based, saved work can be accessed from any computer, no software to install.
- Bibliographies and notecards can be exported directly to Word.
- Prompt software changes to conform to current MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian rules.
- Real-time usage statistics and graphs.
- Customization of features and preferences.
- Web-based subscription and user management.
Need details? Check the User's Guide.